The Curious Case of John Goodman

In February, 2010, a motor vehicle accident took the life of a young man by the name of Scott Wilson, a recent college graduate with a degree in Engineering.  The driver of the car which struck Wilson’s was 49 year old John Goodman, a founder of the International Polo Club of Palm Beach and the heir to a Houston air conditioning company.   Mr. Goodman’s Bentley hit and rolled Wilson’s car into a canal where the young man drowned.  If these facts were not tragic enough, the actions of Mr. Goodman and his legal team have made things even worse.

Mr. Goodman has been charged with DUI, vehicular manslaughter and leaving the scene of an accident.  Goodman’s criminal defense attorney, Roy Black, has claimed that the Bentley somehow malfunctioned, making it impossible for his client to maintain control of it.  The defendant says that he was not drunk at the time of the crash, but, rather, started to drink afterwards from the stress of the ordeal and the pain of his own wrist injury.  Witnesses, however, observed Goodman consume no less than eight cocktails called “Mind Erasers” during the two hours prior.  I looked up the recipe for the “Mind Eraser” and it is as follows:      2 ounces of vodka,  2 ounces of Kahlua  and 2 ounces of tonic water.  This means that Mr. Goodman successfully ingested at least a quart of alcohol in less than two hours.

Wilson’s parents also filed a civil suit against Goodman seeking damages for the loss of their son.  This is where Mr. Goodman and his attorneys turned this case into a circus.  You see, during the proceedings, Goodman decided that he wanted to adopt his 42 year old girlfriend, Heather Laruso Hutchins.  It was a move to protect the hundreds of millions of dollars held in a trust in his name, from the Wilsons and their claim.  It also managed to decrease the amount that his own biological children would eventually have a right to upon his passing.  By adding this new, third “child”, Goodman has seen to it that Ms. Hutchins will be entitled to a third of the trust money.

The Wilsons have reportedly settled their suit with Goodman, and although such things are rarely revealed, it has been estimated that they will receive around $10 million.   That still leaves the Goodman clan with their own legal entanglements.  The natural children of the millionaire are going after their father and new “sister” in an attempt to have the adoption overturned.   There’s going to be a ton of money spent on attorneys while this little family squabble is worked out.  I can’t wait to see how next Thanksgiving goes in that mansion down in Wellington, Florida.  Meanwhile, a young man with a very bright future is gone and another bunch of the one per centers is finding new ways to hide and squander money they never even had to earn.

This entry was posted in In The News, Politics, Trials and The Law. Bookmark the permalink.

13 Responses to The Curious Case of John Goodman

1. viewer 5 says:

test

• viewer 5 says:

Aha! Finally! I have not been able to log on w/ my “other” account. Anyway, John Goodman is a disgusting pig.

I hope Bentley has a response to: ‘the car malfunctioned.’

I await Goodman’s girlfriend’s announcement of a pregnancy, and her struggle to gain control of 50% of the 200 million.

No one *ever* says they’re sorry anymore. They just hire some moron to prove their innocence. Anyway, Diva sez the prosecutor on this case is the #1 for vehicular homicide in the U.S. Or something like that.

• The prosecutor, Ellen Roberts, is the State’s Attorney’s chief prosecutor for vehicular manslaughter cases. She was also one of the prosecutors in the William Kennedy Smith rape trial, where Roy Black was the defense attorney.
        Black defended Rush Limbaugh in his oxycontin case, Kelsey Grammer. who was charged with statutory rape, and Marv Albert, among other notable clients.

2. Baroness Beachcomber says:

Having posting troubles this morning using my normal e-mail. Anyway, Roy Black is also the husband of Lea Black of the Real Housewives of Miami

3. thedesigndiva2 says:

I spend my time in between posting on blogs and emails watching this BASTARD Goodman on trial… I have followed since the day that Scott was killed…. Having been raised in PB COunty and my family still lives there , I consider these events to be of importance to me..
    Mr Goodman has been a “problem” for years.. The PBPOST had his divorce papers online last year..He is a known COKE and ALCOHOL Abuser…. He had to have supervised visits with his children IF he ever visited them at all… He is a PIG…
    It’s with a broken heart that I just cant understand what has happened to our society that people do not or will not practice personal responsibility….
    And people with money..those 1% dont understand why the rest are sometimes disgusted by them..It’s not the fact they have money that bothers me..MORE POWER TO THEM..it’s the fact that they think money will absolve them of egregious sins in THIS life…..
    Right now , here in FLorida, there are POOR PEOPLE still in jail…for having commited crimes far less worse than John Goodman….He’s out because MONEY TALKS AND BULLSHIT WALKS… So that makes John Goodman…SHIT in my eyes……

Hopefully he takes the stand and talks himself into THIRTY YEARS…….

• I couldn’t agree with you more – all I see is a 49 year old trust fund baby with an enormous sense of entitlement.
      “Hopefully he takes the stand and talks himself into THIRTY YEARS…….” – yep.

• PussyGalore says:

And very often money does absolve them of egregious sins and that is the rub.

4. thedesigndiva2 says:

Trial on local tv here… WPTV.COM
    They are looking to blame this whole thing on the BENTLEY…. Give me a BREAK ALREADY…
    And let’s not forget..If the SPACE SHUTTLE can have malfunctions so can a BENTLEY… Really… they went there with the Space Shuttle…PIGS..all of them….

• The Palm Beach Post has a live feed with commentary on their website.
      Does he have any priors?

• thedesigndiva2 says:

No priors…just a nasty cocaine and drinking habit…… HE IS A PIG….
        The SA did a good job today..
        LOVED her smile at the end of questioning…..HAHAHAHAHAA

5. Adgirl says:

My brother is my husband. My brother is my daddy. My brother is my nephew. My aunts are my sisters. Ick.